Sunday, February 14, 2010

1st Year 2nd Semester typical day

I've really enjoyed this semester.  A lot like from High School to undergrad, I'm figuring out the transition from undergrad to Dental School.  It is comforting to have a semester behind me in that I know what to expect on the tests as far as detail and depth of information.  I've gotten into my own comfort zone of studying, which is 100% individual studying up to a day before the exam, then I get together with a friend and go over the material to make sure we're not missing anything.  Although the semester looked daunting at first, we actually have 3 1/2 days away from classes to study, so I've been able to use that to keep caught up.  Our afternoons are dedicated to clinical tasks, which makes the semester really enjoyable.  We're starting to do amalgam preparations and restorations, which is pretty interesting.  This semester has quite a few more tests than last semester, but again there are very few comprehensive tests and instead of huge gross anatomy tests we have smaller physiology tests.  I usually am to school by 8 or 9 am, and am home by 5 or 6.  I spend every minute I can at school studying if I'm not in class.  I usually take 1/2 hour lunch instead of the hour scheduled.  I usually will stay later the day before a test doing the group studying.  Besides that I haven't had to study much on the weekends or at night.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for those days. That being said, I'm pretty sure you're just the best at school out of all of us. You make it seem easy.

    ReplyDelete